Jump to content

What's This Finish

Paul MacLean

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by hausdok


Kurt is right. Change the name of the file and eliminate the spaces and parenthesis and they should post fine.

OT - OF!!!


OK. Here are the images again. I've thrown in the chimney crown for grins.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif abc.JPG

41.5 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif abcb.JPG

44.56 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif abcc.JPG

50.38 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif abcd.JPG

49.12 KB

The loading speed for these images was like molasses on a cold day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul, probably applied a one coat stucco over the CMU's. For the life of me I can't remember what the type of coating is that your talking about although I see it quite often. Let me dig into my files and see if I can find the name.

Seems like it's an expoxy type finish for stucco though.

Looks like a 20 year shingle on the roof. Amazes me how builders spend money on some things and then scrimp on things like shingles.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay. If it's what I'm thinking of, it's like Sto's powerwall or powerflex system. It's made up of elastomeric polymers. It may or may not have silicone in it depending upon the brand and manufacturer.

If you pick at it just a little, it will look like rubber or vinyl. You'd think you could peel it off if you tried.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...