LED Maglite

Scottpat

I have been given an LED 2-D Cell Maglite, last night I had the first chance to turn it on just to see how bright it was. At the same time I turned on my Ultra Stinger and shinned them both on a dark football field while I was standing in the end zone. Both of them were able to light up the goal post on the opposite end of the field. The Ultra Stinger had a little more of a beam at that distance but both were doing a good job.

I say all of this to point out that the LED 2-D Cell Maglite might make the perfect back-up flashlight. I think they cost around $20 or so, so the are very inexpensive for the amount of light they produce.

Also the battery life is pretty darn good with the LED, I left it on all night in the garage and this morning it still had some life left in the battery.

I had to buy one last week, from a guy that had a whole box of them in the parking lot. I was very impressed with it also.

Of course, it is nothing like the T-111 thing that Kurt uses with the custom case.

I am not wealthy enough to leave it on with out making money with it, so can't comment on battery life.

If you walk up to the counter at the local big box auto parts store nearest you, (Two A's and a P) they have a display full of metal cased L E D flashlights @ two for five bucks. The work great, are very bright, and I couldn't care less If I break, or lose one. Been using them for months and haven't had a problem yet.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009519174141_(Medium).jpg

43.16 KB

Hi,

I agree with Scott; I got one of those 2-cell LED Maglites last week too and they are indeed pretty darned bright. I was in Chicago last week and Kurt let me see that new light of his. Holy Moly! The amount of light that it reflected off the carpet in that dark car was probably brighter than my regular 2-cell flashlight; never mind how well it lights stuff up far away. Amazing for something so tiny.

I've got a few of those auto parts counter $5 LED's. They provide quite a bit of light but can't compare to that 2-cell LED Maglite or to that cornea burner that Kurt has.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I've got some of those cheazoid LED's you see on counters in parts and hardware stores; they're pretty good for the couple bucks they cost.

I've always held with the "lottsa cheap lights" theory of flashlight inventory; scatter them everywhere, and hand them out to anyone that wants one. I've only recently adopted the mega-light fascination.

I'm diggin' my TK. Does a great job in a dark attic.

I have learned to carry the extra battery in my pocket however - not much advanced notice that it's going to crap out.

As has been said, It does produce a good bit of light. Its the color of the light that bothers me. I've got 2 ultra stingers and just can not rationalize another high dollar light. The 2 serve me well. I swap them over at the start of each inspection.

I have learned to carry the extra battery in my pocket however - not much advanced notice that it's going to crap out.

Are you having problems with the battery life?

Kinda late to be asking questions such as this. I just received my charger and 2 batteries a few hours ago. The light will be here soon......

PS: I wasn't going to buy one, but not a week after my earlier inquiry regarding the TK, I lost one of my Mags at a job.

Are you having problems with the battery life?

No, I wouldn't think so - I'm getting about 3 inspections on one battery. When it's getting ready to expire the high/low beam doesn't work any more (I thought mine was broke). Shortly after that the light goes dim in a big hurry. Keep the extra battery in your pocket.

The one thing about the Ultra I do like is that you just hang it on the wall, in it's charger, and it ready to go when you are.

I got the TK about a month ago and I'm still using the same 2 CR123 batteries (not the rechargeable ones) I originally put in it. I use it on low beam 99% of the time but it just won't quit. I've been extremely busy (40 insp in the last 30 days) with a number of crawls. I use it just like I've been using the US for the last 10 years. I've started carrying spares into the attic and crawls now but I'm gonna run it till it quits just to see how long it will last.