Is Stone Above Water or All Wet About a Wet Lawn?

hausdok

To me if it had been from rain there would be more than one wet spot in the yard.

It depends on how the yard is sloped and this could be a very low area and it holds more water than the rest of the yard.

And it could be from a line in a water line.

Not of us can be sure of what it is unless we where there to see it.

Barry Stone has parlayed his "Ask the Inspector" Q & A column into syndication. Sometimes his advice is relatively sound; sometimes it's completely off-the-wall and one hair's breadth above idiotic. Here's another sample. Where do you think it lies on the inspector sense scale?

Click Here!.

It's too bad that a high profile inspector like Stone, a man who writes for a living, can't compose a better report-writing example.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Well, regardless of how poorly or how well Stone wrote it the inspector should have given the buyer some better advice than not to worry about it. Especially in light of his now saying it could be a leak, after the deal is done.

Well, sure. But we really have no idea what the inspector actually said. That's one of the things that drives me crazy about Stone's column. The reader gets a one-sided, usually whiny, description of a problem and then Stone gets to pontificate about what should have happened. if we would hear from the inspector, I'm sure we'd get a completely different picture of what happened.

In the meantime, we've got the LA Times publishing an example of crappy report writing that someone, somewhere, is going to interpret as the way that inspectors should be writing.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by ghentjr

In the meantime, we've got the LA Times publishing an example of crappy report writing that someone, somewhere, is going to interpret as the way that inspectors should be writing.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

That's life in the fast lane.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

The good part is no one reads newspapers anymore.......

Personally, I think Barry's column is one of the reasons folks don't read newspapers; it's filler fluff.

I don't see much wrong with Barry Stone's comments. This thread sounds to me like a lot of harping from roof-walkers envious of pontificaters.[:-weepn]

Uh huh, well, some might take that response as a snide comment from someone that is envious of roof walkers. [}:)]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Well, if it helps, I can say that it's unlikely that Stone or anybody else is getting rich from an online HI column.

Anybody know if the column appears in print anywhere? Or is it limited to online RE promo pages?

WJ

At one time his stuff appeared in one of the Washington DC papers as a regular, but I can't remember which one.