Valve Drip Photo

Call me critical but I think there's just something so much more . . . artistic in Mike L's original photo.

I totally agree. The contrast of the sharply focused drip with the soft focus of the pressure valve in the background is a classic study of the irony in life, while the stark primary color of the knob opposes the lightly rusting pipe and reminds us that entropy in our social system is inevitable.

Or, could I be reading too much into it and it's just a leaky faucet?

The contrast of the sharply focused drip with the soft focus of the pressure valve in the background is a classic study of the irony in life, while the stark primary color of the knob opposes the lightly rusting pipe and reminds us that entropy in our social system is inevitable

Freaky.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Call me critical but I think there's just something so much more . . . artistic in Mike L's original photo.

I totally agree. The contrast of the sharply focused drip with the soft focus of the pressure valve in the background is a classic study of the irony in life, while the stark primary color of the knob opposes the lightly rusting pipe and reminds us that entropy in our social system is inevitable.

Or, could I be reading too much into it and it's just a leaky faucet?

I think there's a cartoon somewhere in there. And to think I never would have seen the leak if I hadn't tripped over that damn bucket on the floor.