Reason to test water pressure

tbird

Yesterday afternoon inspection the owner of the house was there painting.

Since I need him from the home builder Assoc. He started telling me about that he had the TPR vale replaced 2 weeks ago and it had started leaking again.

I always test the pressure and when I did it was 135 psi. I told the owner and we when to the meter to adjust it.

There was not a regulator inside the meter box, so the owner called the water department and in 15 minutes there was a crew there.

They dug up the box and the regulator was on the outside of the box. They replace the regulator, putting on the inside of the box and adjusted it to 70 psi.

They told us that the main line for that area was a 150 psi.

It took them a little more than an hour to do this.

Click to Enlarge
tn_200953072842_Picture%20001.jpg

80.74 KB

Is 140 PSI too high? The showers were amazing! It could peel paint off the walls.

Sellers were wondering why they have had several risers break in the past several years.

Click to Enlarge
tn_200953024014_100_4837.jpg

24.95 KB

It's almost like taking a shower and getting power-washed in the process. :-)

At least, it will get all the dirt off your feet.

Yes, I'd say anything over 80 psi is high.

Is 140 PSI too high? The showers were amazing! It could peel paint off the walls.

Sellers were wondering why they have had several risers break in the past several years.

Yes, way too high. Were the TPR valves dripping?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

The TPR line was plugged[:-bigeyes. I know the pressure is way too high, I just wanted to know the reasoning from the Inspectors that don't check pressure. This definitely is a safety hazard and problems waiting to happen.