my little invention

Its not technical but it works and looks better then the usual tube.

Under the stone is a tray made of aluminum sheet metal. It is fabricated to match the wooden trough made of the treated 2x4's. The landscape border has holes cut in it to let the water flow out.

Click to Enlarge
tn_200964185414_HPIM6927.jpg

97.92 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_200964185437_HPIM6928.jpg

87.52 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_200964185453_HPIM6929.jpg

94.35 KB

Under the stone is a tray made of aluminum sheet metal. It is fabricated to match the wooden trough made of the treated 2x4's. The landscape border has holes cut in it to let the water flow out.

Sorry John, but Homesafe has already patented the idea of using a tray to divert water. I'm afraid that you'll have to pay them for the right to keep using those.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Sorry John, but Homesafe has already patented the idea of using a tray to divert water. I'm afraid that you'll have to pay them for the right to keep using those.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Yeah but do they have stone in their tray? Improvements are ligit arent they?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

. . . Too close to the building? How many feet away from the building do you usually recommend? I personally recommend that the downspout rejects it's water at least 4 feet away from the building!

If the discharge doesn't extend past the original excavation from the time of the foundation installation, then it's just going to dump its water into fill; the water will run straight down to the bottom of the cut and then spread laterally, possibly under the foundation.

You want the water to discharge at least a few feet beyond that fill.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Emptying waaay too close to the building for my comfort. I'd have put in some bubbler pots.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201131131620_pop-up.jpg

3.79 KB

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Too close to the building? How many feet away from the building do you usually recommend? I personally recommend that the downspout rejects it's water at least 4 feet away from the building!

At least six feet for the reason that Jim cites.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

It's not as revolutionary as the plywood drip pan for water heaters, but it looks highly functional to me. [^]

Brian G.

Is Patent Leather Patented? [?]

Brian, just what the Doctor ordered on a Saturday morning - a plywood drip pan and wild wallpaper!

To you newer TIJ's, wallpaper, camera lenses, drip pans all hold a special place on this forum!