Illinois Couple Sues Seller and Inspector

hausdok

Wonder why the lawsuit didn't add the seller to the list, since they didn't disclose the defaults that they knew about.

Maybe because the seller is an individual and not a company?

It appears the builder and seller are one in the same from the way I read the story.

The story seems to be taken directly from the lawsuit pleadings with no rebutal from the other parties. More of an announcement of inditment than a news story.

Hi,

Of course it's not a full news story. When lawsuits are filed, news orgs rarely have the details and only announce that a suit has been filed. All of the details won't be known until/if it ever actually goes to trial; that's when other stories are written about the topic. Until then, about all anyone will get from the parties is "No comment."

As more facts are revealed there will probably be additional stories on the subject from that paper. If I see them, I'll post the links here as a reply.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

This is not in WI, it is in Fairview Heights IL. The paper is the Madison (county) & St. Clair (County) Record. Both counties here in Illinois – just outside St. Louis.

I drove by this afternoon. Older neighborhood 1950 – 60s. According to online pubic records it was bought in 12/15/05 for $49,000 and sold 5/31/2006 for $94,000. So it was flipped 3 years ago.

Notice the discolored OSB front right corner.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009624191524_1.jpg

71.98 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009624191544_2.jpg

73.9 KB

It's hard to believe a 94K house needs 75-100K in repairs. I wonder what the alleged problems were?

Maybe the inspector screwed up, but it's just as likely that a contractor scared someone into providing a large project for himself.

Hmm. Mark have you seen a big Canadian with a brushcut and bibs in the area?

This is not in WI, it is in Fairview Heights IL. The paper is the Madison (county) & St. Clair (County) Record. Both counties here in Illinois – just outside St. Louis.

I drove by this afternoon. Older neighborhood 1950 – 60s. According to online pubic records it was bought in 12/15/05 for $49,000 and sold 5/31/2006 for $94,000. So it was flipped 3 years ago.

Notice the discolored OSB front right corner.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009624191524_1.jpg

71.98 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009624191544_2.jpg

73.9 KB

OK, I'll fix it. I read Madison and St. Clair and my memory bank kicked out Wisconsin. I'm pretty sure there's a Madison and St. Clair up there; it's an honest mistake.

OT - OF!!!

M.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to believe a 94K house needs 75-100K in repairs. I wonder what the alleged problems were?

Maybe the inspector screwed up, but it's just as likely that a contractor scared someone into providing a large project for himself.

I thought the same thing. It's like putting $12,000 into repairing a car worth $10.000. I'm sure we're not getting the whole story, but if they can prove the seller knew of these issues and didn't disclose them, they may have a case against the seller. We don't know what the inspector could see or should have seen at the time of the inspection.