Wrong Meter Voltage

kgardner

I have a multifamily property where there is a 3 phase 120/208 distribution panel located at the end of each of the buildings. Each apartment unit of the buidling is assigned a single phase 200 Amp breaker utilizing a combination of either of the 3 phases A,B B,C or A,C . The breaker is then wired to a meter socket then feeds the inividual unit that has its own 200 AMP breaker panel inside the unit.

My question is that the meter for each unit is a 120/240 V 200 AMP not a 120/208 200 AMP. I feel that the meters are not capturing all of the usage for the unit since my recovery for the property is far less than the recovery of the combined apartment units usage.

All suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have a multifamily property where there is a 3 phase 120/208 distribution panel located at the end of each of the buildings. Each apartment unit of the buidling is assigned a single phase 200 Amp breaker utilizing a combination of either of the 3 phases A,B B,C or A,C . The breaker is then wired to a meter socket then feeds the inividual unit that has its own 200 AMP breaker panel inside the unit.

My question is that the meter for each unit is a 120/240 V 200 AMP not a 120/208 200 AMP. I feel that the meters are not capturing all of the usage for the unit since my recovery for the property is far less than the recovery of the combined apartment units usage.

All suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Call your local power company and ask them.

How, exactly, have you determined that your recovery for the property is less than the aggregate apartment recovery?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that electric meters measure watts and voltage is not a real concern since the meter compensates.

Remember you should have a seperate meter or panel under your main meter that will run all of the complex usage not attributed to the individual units. This would include exterior lighting that is not controlled by the interior unit switches, pools, common areas, possibly the leasing office, etc.

A quality electrician could easily examine and correct any issues.