Fiters For Chinese Drywall - Montreal Gazette

Hi Joe,

No nothing in Quebec I've seen or heard of yet, but there are cases in BC and Toronto I've heard about. Whether this will become the new mould/UFFI/Vermiculite is yet to be determined by the populous at large. It's funny, I was just reading posts from Henri Chero on another Inspectors Forum yesterday.(A much less reputable site than this one ;)...)

This guy was over on InspectionNews hawking his machine a month or so ago. It uses HEPA filters to do the work. For those of you that have been doing EIFS inspections for a few years you might have heard of Spiderman (Scott) Mulholland, this is a FL inspector who is selling them for this guy in the States.

Of course,

It's just an air filtration unit; nothing special. All it's going to do is remove sulfur from the air that passes through it - it can't stop the off-gassing, so there will always still be some level of sulfur in the contaminated air that hasn't been scrubbed yet.

It's a bandaid on a gaping wound.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike