What a home

A little over 90 days ago, three other home inspectors, an HVAC contractor, an electrical contractor and an engineer performed a pre-sale inspection on this property. It took right at 3 days for us all to complete the work. We were all subcontracted by a company who specializes in preparing homes like this for sale. We could not say anything about the home until it was listed for sale. The listing is now public so here ya go!

Sweetbriar

It is listed for right at $38 Million!

Still can't say who's home it is, but with a little research on Google it should not be all that hard to findout. Hint, he is a country singer

A little over 90 days ago, three other home inspectors, an HVAC contractor, an electrical contractor and an engineer performed a pre-sale inspection on this property. It took right at 3 days for us all to complete the work. We were all subcontracted by a company who specializes in preparing homes like this for sale. We could not say anything about the home until it was listed for sale. The listing is now public so here ya go!

Sweetbriar

Still can't say who's home it is, but with a little research on Google it should not be all that hard to findout. Hint, he is a country singer

How bout AJ

Sweetbriar

How bout AJ

[:-taped]

I'm sorry but that really doesn't turn me on. I find excessive splurging of ones money obnoxious. One more example on how things are out of whack.

Of course, if you're one of the Cleveland Browns receivers, you only hit pedestrians in your Bentley. The Mercedes Benz SLR-Class is just for going to the beach.

Sorry, it's lost on me.

Nope, really can't say I have. I have fairly eclectic tastes in music but it stops short of rap and some other genres. I do "get" some country but that tends to be the women singers with the strong and/or sultry voices. Guys in cowboy hats, singing through their nasal passages about how the dog left home, do nothing for me. To my admittedly tin ear, they all sound exactly the same.

But that's just me. Different strokes for different folks.

Surely you've heard this song of his.

Never heard of him or the song.

After watching the video, I've gotta say that I find the man sickening. He didn't come by the holes in his blue jeans honestly, his music is purile & mawkish, and his house is absurd.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Surely you've heard this song of his.

Never heard of him or the song.

He didn't come by the holes in his blue jeans honestly, his music is purile & mawkish, and his house is absurd.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Jim, I could come up with several reasons why I like you. This statement is just one of the finer ones.

I think every state has resident "hillbillies" who have more money than they deserve and feel they must spend it on conspicuous possessions. Tennessee and California have more than their share of entertainers living there and the rest of us thank you for shouldering that responsibility.

The local paper ran an article in the Sunday real estate section about the trend some builders are following with so-called "jewel box houses." The houses are smaller, but use top-quality materials and systems. It's about time.

Yeah, I'm kinda curious about the final documents. I know you can't share them, but how did you structure the working relationships and identify and assign responsiblities to the team members?

The house is the sort of self-aggrandizing monument the truly confused among us choose for themselves. At least it's a sign of a newt or salamander level intelligence that he's trying to get rid of it, so maybe there's hope. If he had cognitive ability, he'd never have built it in the first place.

Maybe country music stars are all working out their inner Tara with that sort of thing?

And after that diatribe, I'll admit to kinda liking some of AJ's older songs. They're good for blasting at full volume when you're running the expressway with the top down in the middle of nowhere.

I say the guy made the jack he ought to be able to spend it how he chooses. Who's to say he hasn't built many an orphanage and fed many of the hungry. When you make the kind of money these folks make you have to spend a lot of it.

I would love to have a garage like that.

Scott,

Did each inspector do their own report or did you work together to do the report.

If each inspector did their own thing was there things that one report had that the other reports did not?

We worked as a team. Two were looking and one was typing on a laptop setup in the house. We used radio headsets to relay what we found. It worked out pretty well.

He has another home up at Old Hickory lake, down the street from the remains of Johnny Cash's old home.

As for the report, it was more of repair list. I lucked out, my job was to find stuff and tell the guy on the laptop what I found.