Age of Heil A/C condensing unit

AHI in AR

Hey guys--

Here's a chance to show off your knowledge. I am trying to find the age of a Heil unit with a serial # of H529 70097. All the age charts I could find are apparently too new as it obviously was not built in 1952; it apparently predates Heil's acquisition by International Comfort Products since that's what their date coding would indicate. It's a particularly lovely shade of olive green, so my guess is that it's over 20 years old. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks.

Hey guys--

Here's a chance to show off your knowledge. I am trying to find the age of a Heil unit with a serial # of H529 70097. All the age charts I could find are apparently too new as it obviously was not built in 1952; it apparently predates Heil's acquisition by International Comfort Products since that's what their date coding would indicate. It's a particularly lovely shade of olive green, so my guess is that it's over 20 years old. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks.

Sorry. Got any photos of the tag or the cabinet?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

If it's green and a truncated tear drop shape, it was built in the eighties, possibly the seventies.

I have a chart that indicates that the 5 in the H529 is from 1985. This is from a book called "Identifying the Age of Building Systems and Components" by Mark J. Reinmuller.

If it's green and a truncated tear drop shape, it was built in the eighties, possibly the seventies.

I have a chart that indicates that the 5 in the H529 is from 1985. This is from a book called "Identifying the Age of Building Systems and Components" by Mark J. Reinmuller.

That's it exactly. Thanks.