But it has been HUD inspected

Robert Jones

Perhaps our profession should start reporting this thing to hud.

I'd suggest that every time anyone encounters a supposedly "inspected" home with such egregious issues that they pen a letter to HUD voicing their concerns and attach lots of photos to it while suggesting that they clean up their vetting procedures. You only have to create the letter once and then you can reuse it over and over and over. If you don't get a response on the first one or two, start sending copies to your local congressmen and make sure that they are shown in the distribution at the bottom of the page. That's sure to get someone's attention.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

It's was quite funny to read the report(my client brought it with them). Here is the roof with minor moss to be cleaned and the no issue chimney.

I can usually see the funny side of anything and everything but, I don't see one thing funny about this.

Who's paying these people? Oh! That's right. We are.

Perhaps our profession should start reporting this thing to hud

Hell Yes.

Perhaps our profession should start reporting this thing to hud.

I'd suggest that every time anyone encounters a supposedly "inspected" home with such egregious issues that they pen a letter to HUD voicing their concerns and attach lots of photos to it while suggesting that they clean up their vetting procedures. You only have to create the letter once and then you can reuse it over and over and over. If you don't get a response on the first one or two, start sending copies to your local congressmen and make sure that they are shown in the distribution at the bottom of the page. That's sure to get someone's attention.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I've been thinking about doing the same thing in regards to idiot codes bubba's. But where to start? And then again it's not always their fault when they are given an insane case load and told to pull it off or be replaced.

I'm guessing that it was "technically" an FHA Appraisal. Some of the appraisals by FHA 'appraisers' are called "inspections" ... and they simply are NOT THAT.

A bunch of confusion with respect to that and it likely won't stop soon. Banks/lending institutions simply want the cheapest/quickest swag of property condition/value and they certainly don't want details and actual facts.

I'm guessing that it was "technically" an FHA Appraisal. Some of the appraisals by FHA 'appraisers' are called "inspections" ... and they simply are NOT THAT.

A bunch of confusion with respect to that and it likely won't stop soon. Banks/lending institutions simply want the cheapest/quickest swag of property condition/value and they certainly don't want details and actual facts.

I agree with Nolan, FHA really does not have a home inspection requirement.

I got really ticked with FHA (and the realtors) when I was looking around to buy my house.

They would not allow me to buy fixer uppers. They wanted everything to be in pristine condition.

I didn't want a high mortgage payment, I wanted a low mortgage payment! I like to live within my means and have extra money left over for fun stuff each month.

But the realtors would only give me listings on properties which had monthly payments at the maximum I was qualified for. That is until I threatened to walk out and find another realtor. Then they came forth with the run down low payment fixer uppers.

But then FHA would not approve the loan on these. One thing was not right, that was not perfect, etc. Well that is fine with me if there are broken windows and holes in the walls. Or the electrical panel is a hazard. I do this kind of work, so easy for me to fix these things.

Finally I found a house where the seller let me work on it before sale to get it up to FHA "standards" so they would allow me to buy it. The final straw was they would not approve the loan unless a bush growing against the house was removed! And this was 2 days before closing! So I had to drive 100 miles to cut down that bush so they would approve the loan! I was ticked!

Ever see the movie Mommy Dearest where she is in the garden at night chopping down her rose bushes? Well that was me!

Anyway in my case, I could have afforded a home 2 times more expensive than what I bought. I just wanted a lower monthly payment.

But what about people who can only afford a low price home? Well they can't afford something which is perfect! Yet here you have FHA forcing them into an "American dream home", then they can't keep up with the payments and they lose the house.

So if some of these people want to live within their means, are being smart financially, it seems to me silly to force them into something more expensive. They should do the opposite and only allow them to buy homes they will be able to afford! Have some money left over for luxuries like food, electric bill, etc.

BTW - The first thing I did after buying my house was to replace the electric service. And I had no problem paying for it, just a couple of months of what I was saving on my mortgage payment covered it. And my home has not been foreclosed on.