Chicago Skyline

Oops. That's right.

16" is what they play @ Thillen's field, right?

I think they play 16" at Thillen's, but I know they used to have little league games there. The only place I see or hear of 16" played in the City anymore is at the fields in Grant Park. My Pa grew up in Hyde Park and it was big there, and all over Chicago, back in his day. I never was any good at 16" 'cause I have hands like bricks. I need the glove.

Most fields that I have played on in the city and suburbs range from nasty to moggley. I used to play the outfield and would get an ankle or back injury at least once a season due to the uneven fields....not because of my gut. Well maybe a little of that too. Those fields at UIC are gorgeous and the 3 seasons I played there I felt like I was in the "bigs". Never got injured running around out there.

Kurt, you're going to have to come out and play with us sometime on a Wednesday night. Fall season starts in 2 weeks and goes through October.

The mountain range is the Cascades. The mountain on the right is Mt. St. Helens -- note the flat top -- and the one on the left is Mt. Rainier, which is clear up in Mike's neighborhood. The only time of year that's clear enough for a picture like this is late May.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Wow. Very beautiful.

I thought that portion of the Cascades was called the Presidential Range, as in Mt. Adams, etc....(?).

I've cruised through there a bit, but only in mid summer. Never seen the Red Sea.

I will have to take a photo of the sky line when I am at the Doubletree in Rosemont in October 15 - 17.

That would be great. Thanks Phillip.

If you haven't made your travel plans yet, consider getting there the day before, so you can spend some time exploring Chicago.

I found it to be a fascinating place. I had an afternoon and evening to explore, but probably could have wandered around for a week and not lost interest. One of the things that most amazed me was the complex of underground streets. After seeing that, I finally understood how a car could crash through the street surface in The Blues Brothers

• 2 months later...