1027 radon report suggestions

I bought some used 1027 CRM's. I need to get them calibrated but meanwhile I'm familiarizing myself with their functions.

I know the software does not make the best looking report but it get's the information together for delivery. I'm playing with the info editor in the software. There are places in the header and places in the footer where info can be added.

What type of info do you think is important for these areas? I'm not asking you exactly what I should write, but rather a general idea of what you think would make a report flow well.

If any of you would like to send me a sample of your radon reports I could probably find it useful.

Any other tips and info regarding 1027's is also appreciated. I have 4 of them.

In the header I put the address of the home and in the footer I put my company information. I address the Radon readings in my report but I refer to the actual printout which is attached to the report in it's original condition.

IMO it's important not to start "dressing up" the printout so as not to call into question the validity of the report.

John,

Is radon testing a significant part of your business?

I just got a notice in the mail about a radon class and I'm wondering if it would be worth the investment right now.

In one small town here (pop 4000) I know of 4 mitigation systems, but I have yet to see any others in the surrounding area. One RE insists that it is a radon hot spot and tells all her clients to test for it, but I have been working these same communities for more than 20 years and think I would have come across more than 4 houses with radon issues.

Tom

Tom,

According to this EPA radon map, the southern half of NY has a high potential for elevated radon levels.

http://www.epa.gov/radon/states/newyork.html#zone%20map

It's worth it for me to do radon. The profit will be better once I get these CRM's calibrated and on the job.

Thanks John. Given the levels on the maps I'm surprised I don't see more mitigation around here.

Tom