Manassas VA Inspector needed

A former Army buddy of mine is looking to purchase a home in Manassas. I am trying to hook him up with a quality home inspection from someone in the area. I told him even though I didn't know anyone personally, I could likely find him someone here on TIJ. Email me if interested and I will send you the property address. Thanks

A former Army buddy of mine is looking to purchase a home in Manassas. I am trying to hook him up with a quality home inspection from someone in the area. I told him even though I didn't know anyone personally, I could likely find him someone here on TIJ. Email me if interested and I will send you the property address. Thanks

He could do worse than to call JD Grewell. http://www.jdgai.com/

- Jim Katen, Oregon

• 2 months later...

We used a company called Outsider's Property Maintenace

The link is here http://outsiderspropertymaintenance.com/default.aspx

And how did that work for you?

How old was the house? What was the inspector's name? Was he a member of a national organization? How long had he been inspecting between doing all of that trash hauling & gutter cleaning? Did he find many problems with the house?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Are they even home inspector's? I see handyman type work mixed with landscaping and trash hauling.

Click on "Services"

You'll find "Inspection Service with Digital Photos" right under "Rurnace & AC Work"

That's very handy. You can get your rurnace worked on at the same time as your inspection.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Am I the only one who actually clicked on "Inspection Service With Digital Photos" to find out that the link brought up the page titled "Hauling Services"?

Actually, these folks sound like enterprising people...but that doesn't mean they should be doing home inspections. At least not with the information available on their site. There's too much at stake.

My guess is that JD quoted him his price and that is when he went shopping and found the Rurnace man!

I know WV requires a license and insurance (looks like their world headquarters are in WV). VA has a silly voluntary license program, but many have gone through the program and most of the good agents only allow those with a license to inspect homes.