generic ac compressor?

Jeff Beck

65 year old cape cod house with an antique Mueller furnace that was immaculate!

I wish my house and truck were as clean as that furnace.

The exterior AC, not so much!

Click to Enlarge
tn_20091015134014_DSCF0003%20(2).jpg

88.27 KB

I couldn't find a manufacturer's plate and the cabinet didn't have any identifying marks or labels on it. The cabinet is hinged in the back couldn't be completely removed. There isn't enough clearance to raise it completely so all I could do was peek in the sides.

The reeel-tour remarked that it might have been made by Heathkit and was a do-it yourself AC system. Ho ho, what a funny guy! [;)]

I've already disclaimed it and called out the lack of electrical disconnect, etc. Does anyone recognize it?

Jeff

Neal,

Illinois Inspector speak... couldn't report on the age or capacity without a manufacturer's plate for the model and serial number.

I wouldn't have run the cooling system anyway since there wasn't an electrical disconnect at the outside cabinet.

So essentially I'm reporting that it was there, I saw it but didn't inspect it.

I wouldn't have run the cooling system anyway since there wasn't an electrical disconnect at the outside cabinet.

So essentially I'm reporting that it was there, I saw it but didn't inspect it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to disclaim it based on the fact that it's all full of organic material or because of the fact that the exterior temp is below 60°F?

It is, cold there today, isn't it? I just got a bunch of photos emailed to me by my stepmother. They just had their first snow of the season in Dutchess County New York.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Mike,

Not really.

First I wanted someone (buyer or seller) to have an exterior electric disconnect installed.

In Illinois we're required to describe the cooling system by its distinguishing characteristics, which I take to mean manufacturer, model, serial number, approximate age and capacity in either BTU's or tons.

I don't use the word disclaim in my reports. Instead I try to describe what I saw and in this case what I didn't or couldn't see.

You're correct about it getting cold, I think we've had our first frost a couple of night ago and we're supposed to have snow showers on Saturday.

Heard a radio DJ describe Chicago as the Antarctic's exhaust pipe yesterday. Funny but sad.[:-weepn]

Jeff