ultimate inspection vehicle

Shucks. It's only 220 horsepower; 540 foot lbs. of torque.

What if I want to tear trees out by the roots? If I'm trying to haul a 80 ton trailer, it would be gasping for air. And war; what about if I want to go to war unexpectedly?

I want one of those things that they use @ Cape Canaveral for hauling rockets to the launch pad; now, that's a vehicle w/ some power.

Originally posted by Donald Lawson

Saaweeet!!

I've been watching the used markets for something like this.

http://www.fl-sprinter.com/Cab/CCoptionscolor.html

A local plumbing co. says they are getting in the 25 mpg out of that 5 banger Mercedes engine.

Donald

Isn't the "american named" Mercedes Vito? They are a decent truck; @ least, that's what I've been hearing.

I have to admit, I'd trade several Hummers and the FL Sprinter for one of the new Binders. Those things are just SICK!!

Now I know why I'm married. I would seriously try and find a use for one of these things and deduct it from my taxes and pay $115,000 for it. However, my wife brings me back to reality by saying "NO NEW TOYS".

Donald

Richard, I'm jealous. A friend of mine just got a new one w/ a manual transmission; fool that she is, she let me take it for a test drive.

Cars don't normally get my nut up; fine surfing equipment does. My windsurf kit is, overall, of much superior quality than my cars. The Mini is an exception. I drove the thing for about an hour. My friend was frantic that I had demolished it.

Richard,

Most excelent!

Ed Green in southern Michigan built some custom cabinets so all of his inspection stuff will fit in the back of his PT Cruiser.

When I was looking at my Scion xB I told my wife that I wanted a Mini. I just got one of those looks.

Well I just copied your pictures and sent them to her in an Email.

(trying out the couch)

Bruce

Whar's the resta' that thang at? [:-magnify

I can't look at a British car without remembering my best friends' MGB Midget when we were between 17-22. Good years, bad car. We had to push that damned thing more than a few times (and it was HEAVY), but he wouldn't give it up because the girls just couldn't resist riding in it. MGB stands for "mighty garage bills".

I hope for your sake they've improved a lot.

Brian G.

I think all cars (with the possible exception of Fiats) are much better than they were in "those" days. In this case, although Mini's are being built in England (only about 15 miles from where I used to live), there's a bunch of Germans from BMW in charge of quality control. Which must be a bit wierd for the Brit workers.

It's a strange new world!

Originally posted by Richard Moore

I think all cars (with the possible exception of Fiats) are much better than they were in "those" days. In this case, although Mini's are being built in England (only about 15 miles from where I used to live), there's a bunch of Germans from BMW in charge of quality control. Which must be a bit wierd for the Brit workers.

It's a strange new world!

They're built in England, but it's German engineering; that's why they are so damn nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard,

That's one sweet ride! I'm jealous as hell. One of my clients has one and let me take it for a short drive. Talk about nimble and strong!

I like the artwork too. I've been contemplating having my Baja lettered. Who'd you get to do that for you?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Kewl!

Thanks, I just wish they'd make a transparent thingy that would stick to the sides of vehicles, like those transparent oil change stickers do to windshields, so I'd be able to peel it off and put it away. I don't like magnetic signs because they move around and gradually abrade the paint, but permanent lettering and painting is even worse because you have to paint the damned car when you trade it in, if you don't want them to ding you hard at trade in because they have to do it.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Supposedly the vinyl letters will slowly peel off with a little heat. Evidently you then use citrus cleaner to remove any residue. I'll admit I'm a little worried about ghosting, I understand it depends on the color (red being the worst). On the plus side it looks so much better than a magnetic sign and, as I'm planning on using the Mini for the forseeable future, I'll handle it down the road apiece. I will soon be removing (or trying to) the vinyl lettering from my 9 year old truck (woodworking signage under the HI mag signs) as I plan on selling it. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Anyone want a 1995 T-100 DX extra-cab, 2WD, stick shift? Under 50,000 miles, new starter, tires, and timing belt. Runs great but not nearly as much fun as the Mini.