LP gas piping

Ponyboy

I need some LP gas line help. This installation was in the city which is pretty rare for LP in my area. The LP gas line on the exterior of the house consists of 1/2" copper tubing loosely running down the side of the house into the ground. The driveway also exists on this side of the house. The pipe appears to go under the driveway to the storage tank. Standard black iron piping was used inside of the house. This pipe looks improperly installed, but I can't find ant pipe installation guidleines in NFPA-58. I think the piping should be black iron into the ground with some car protection. I am also posting in the HVAC forum.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009115123439_LP%20line%20at%20house.jpg

25.77 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_200911512356_LP%20line%20at%20tank.jpg

22.35 KB

Normally in East Texas, black iron would stub outside of house with a valve, followed by yellow flex going underground to propane. But propane suppliers in my area also said tanks had to be 14' from the house minimum or the gas company would not fill the tank. They also inspected gas fixtures inside before the first filling.

Matt