Weight in for weight lost

Phillip

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late in getting in on this Weight Loss string, but I started a 21 Day Purification Diet on 1/12/10 and went in for my one week weight-in on 1/19/10. I loss 22 lbs. Talk about someone that was full of it.

I won't disclose my starting weight (even my wife doesn't know that), but will keep all informed of weight lost.

Ezra Malernee

Canton, Ohio

Mark,

It is mostly a vegetarian and protein diet. For the first 10 days you eat all the vegetable (no starch) and fruits you want at about a two to one ratio. Flax seed oil and olive oil are two of the oils I'm allow to use. Shakes with fruit and a protein powder 3 to 4 times a day along with a bunch of tablets filled with supplements fill out the diet + 64 oz of water per day. No processed or canned foods allowed.

Day 11 through 21 I can have lean meat (chicken or fish).

Lift weights and build muscle. It will increase your metabolism and you'll burn fat off quicker.

Don't be too concerned with what the scale says because you might even gain a little at first. Muscle is denser than fat so an equal volume of muscle weighs more.

Pay more attention to how you look and how you feel. Don't be a slave to the scale. Look in the mirror instead.

Lift heavy. If you can do more than 12 reps, raise the weight. Don't work the same muscle group more than once every 3 days. I do upper body one day, lower body the next, then the third day off...repeat.

If you have a dog, walk it. They need exercise too.

John,

Was the avatar photo of you taken before you started 'building muscle'?

Marc

I go through on-off stages. You kind of need to because you reach that plateau. When that happens you take a break and just stick to calorie burning stuff.

That picture was taken during an off stage but it was taken after I began working with weights.

I'm not a bug guy. I'm average at 5'11" and fluxuating between 170 and 180 lbs in weight.

I smoked from age 14 to age 40. The best thing I ever did for my health was quit that. I've been smoke free for about 5 years.

I think working with weights is important overall. If you are strong for your given frame, you'll be able to avoid more illness and injury.

You and I are about the same height.... were about the same weight 10 years ago. I worked out with free weights for 19 years straight. Never was buff, didn't want to be. My quarter squat, in training, was 650 or 700 lbs, 2 or 3 reps depending on how I felt that day. Never wore a belt but kept my feet at shoulder width apart. My half (competition) squat was up to 490 in training, 1 or 2 reps. 225 was my warmup. Never really competed, but enjoyed the good health. I quit when I started framing houses. Would like to start again...never too old for it if you're patient and careful.

Marc

I never do maxing out to see how much I can lift. I always shoot for 8-12 reps, 3 sets.

I warm up with a lower weight in set one then bump the weight to a level that it's difficult to do 12 reps in the sets 2 and 3.

I use a smith machine. I know that some serious weight lifters say that makes me a wuss. I don't care what they think. I work out alone in my basement. The smith machine allows me to work sets to complete failure(muscle fatigue failure) without a spotter.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this thread still going? I just saw it, I've been fighting weight all my life. At one point I was 305 but that was about 10 years ago. Started last January (2009) at 275, ended December at 258. 253 this morning.

Weights do help, also walking/jogging. Not a member of WeightWatchers but my wife is a lifetime member so I know the routine and am trying to stick to it.

Well, I fell of the wagon when I went to Inspection World in Vegas back in January. I'll be back on the weight loss program first thing Monday morning. The wife and I have a couple of events this weekend that involve wine, cheese, rich food and music at a few events in Nashvegas. Plan to have fun and not worry about the waistline this weekend!

Actually, I'm still down a few pounds from when I started back early January....

P90x....it's that simple. Be warned, this is not some Richard Simons Sweatin to the Oldies Crap. This is the real deal. When you start it for the first time, you will not keep up, don't try... you'll only hurt yourself.

You will feel pain in spots you never knew you had a muscle. Works though.

Bad week, gained 3 pounds according to the scale. I usually do a brisk walk at sunrise, at least 1/2 hour but with all the snow here in Maryland I've been forced to dust off the tread mill (Boring! I-pod is a help, but the walls just look the same!) Business has been really slow with all the snow, can't do anything out in the yard, so a lot of computer and sitting around - and the temptation to eat is tough. Going to get a grapefruit now, see ya! [:-crazy] Charlie

Last night I made up a mess o' pulled pork. I ended up with about 25 pounds of finished product. Of course I had to have one as I cleaned up at a little past midnight. Man, it was good. I'll be having a few for for lunch today - to build up my energy before I go dig out from the storm.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010226133931_Pork1.jpg

48.76 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201022613405_Pork2.jpg

51 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010226134034_Pork3.jpg

36.65 KB

Oops! I just realized that I posted this on the wrong site. I thought I was on the BBQ forum. Sorry dieters - just forget you saw this. [:P]

I salute you, Chad! You're just the kind of customer I had in mind when I opened my first restaurant: a guilt-free pigout buffet. The idea took off like wildfire.

Although I sold the chain a long time ago, they still have a little shrine to me at the original location. I sure wish I'd put on a new pair of shoes the day the picture was taken. A hole in my shoe - how embarrassing!

120301.jpg