What the...

If youve never had an Avalanche you dont know what a dream that mid gate is. I have only one vehicle and the Avalanche is the most versatile I could find that would suit all my needs. I picked up 20 sheets of drywall one day,and the sky opened up, but they were nice and dry sitting under the hard covers. When I vacuum the sawdust out of her and clean up the leather, you would never know that it is the bosses shop truck. And she loves gas stations...

I was reminded today of another funny experience on a home inspection.

It was a tenant home on a large farm out in the boonies. The gas fired furnace was a season old and had a ventura style burner instead of a ribbon burner. When I pulled the front cover off, it became immediately apparent that a field mouse had converted one of the heat exchanger burner ports into it's family silo - packed to the very front with corn and grain.

And then there's always the 100+ year old church I inspected, which had a 45 foot (+/-) vaulted ceiling. The towering attic over the ceiling was framed with stick built trusses (actually kind of a hybrid between rafters and trusses, which I'm sure Bill Kibbel is familiar with), and had (no lie) probably fifty pigeon nests, each filled hatchlings. I had no respirator and definitely wasn't about to climb back down to fetch one. The air was FILLED with airborne dust and debris from startled moma pigeons and every surface was plastered with pigeon droppings. I had to move VERY slowly so as not to dusturb more.

It's a miracle I didn't fall ill.

[:-yuck]

It was definitely on my mind, but it had been such a pain in the a** to get to the point I was that I just pressed on. This was about 1996 and that whole pigeon poop blood disease thing had just come out or been re-emphasized on the news. I was equally concerned about accidentally plunging through the plaster ceiling to the pews below. It wasn't a fun experience at all.

Oh, and on top of it all, the new independant church buying the building never did pay for the inspection. We made countless attempts to collect, but in the end it wasn't worth persisting. It was obvious they had no intention of paying. We learned that with churches and organizations, "No checkie no reportie".

I've never done work for a church again without a check in hand.

Amen Brothers, Terry and Marc - it's a definite head scratcher...

I'm guessing that since we weren't led to donate our time and talents, we were selected to volunteer to do so? [:-party]

And I'm actually a believer! BUt, churches can sure shiver the timbers. I suppose that's why every time JC entered a house of worship, he lost his cool... [:-banghea

FEAR NOT Mike! We shant go an inch further down this path... Back to story telling!