One light bulb at a time...

Yeah, My bad Mike, although politics wasn't the aim as much as financial resposibility or the lack there of. Sorry folks.

Erby, I think more about it every day.

And, Les, I've turned a 180! I was headed for rentals and passive income, but my firts two tenants burned me for $6500.00 in two seasons. That was it for me. I cashed in my chips. You have to be a junk yard dog to be a landlord and I am entirely too kind-hearted.

Now I'm scrambling for the side lines - "zero debt". I think it's paramount right now.

Mike, I think my point really supercedes rightys and leftys. I'm just hoping that we all cry out loudly for as much financial responsibility all the way down the line as our personal and family finances must exercise to survive.

Heck balancing a budget and living within our means is basic - an absolute necessity to survive. Running lean and mean as Kurt and Jimmy are speaking of, now that's what breeds competition and brings down costs.

Being competitive is a two sided coin.

Another thing to consider, is though the US has a long way to go regarding product quality, it often seems the Chinese are consciously trying to destroy us and our debt-repaying ability.

In today's newspaper, there was an article about children's jewelry that was manufactured in China. The jewelry contains as much as 91% cadmium, which is toxic and a carcinogen.

There's sulphur in their drywall, lead paint in the toys they ship us, and the pajama's they make for your kid will burst into flames if there's an open flame within ten feet.

I mean, really. I'm surprised no one's clamoring for a ban on all Chinese imports.

I mean, really. I'm surprised no one's clamoring for a ban on all Chinese imports.

I'm all for buy American but banning all Chinese imports wouldn't be very prudent. Wars get started over stuff like that. Banning goods from pipsqueaks like Cuba or North Korea is one thing but banning them from a country the size of China? That's like poking the tiger through the bars of the cage with a stick. It might seem like fun at the time, but you'll be in seriously deep kimchi if he gets out of that cage.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Another thing to consider, is though the US has a long way to go regarding product quality, it often seems the Chinese are consciously trying to destroy us and our debt-repaying ability.

In today's newspaper, there was an article about children's jewelry that was manufactured in China. The jewelry contains as much as 91% cadmium, which is toxic and a carcinogen.

There's sulphur in their drywall, lead paint in the toys they ship us, and the pajama's they make for your kid will burst into flames if there's an open flame within ten feet.

I hear ya John however I doubt that they have it in for us. During the Olympics they shut down the factories so that the true air pollution didn't show on TV. It would be a safe bet that they sell the same stuff crap to their people.

Anyone remember when "Made in Japan" meant dog crap?

• 4 weeks later...