Very unhappy with InspectVue

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a long time at these forums and just want to tell you what a wonderful resource and a great bunch of people are here!

I've been inspecting for 19 years and for the last 6 or so have been using Inspectvue. Does anybody who is using Inspectvue know what the heck is going on there? It seems to me that Lorne has sold the business and whoever is running things now has absolutely not a single clue about our industry. I used their new version (R-5) on a relatively decent little house the other day and got a report that runs about 80 pages! The table of contents alone was 7 pages long!!! And now we can't annotate or add arrows on the photos, and they have been promising to correct this for two months. My subscription is coming up and I am shopping for a new program. Anybody have any recent feedback on Inspect it?

[:-banghea

Thanks

JP

Porter Valley was bad, and then it got worse.

You want my opinion? Get rid of it. Lorne was a goofball, the guy he had write his boilerplate was a loser weirdo, and the new owners don't have a clue about what they're trying to do. They'll be gone in a few years.

If you're looking for a Word based program, go InspectExpress, developed by the hosts of this site. I've tried all the Word based software, and I think IE is the best of them.

Yes, I am an administrator here, but if I didn't like it, I'd tell you so.

It's pretty darn good.

Like any software, you have to learn it and tune it to your needs, but it's stable and it works.

JP:

I too have been using inspectvue for 6 years. I let my subscription run out because I'm planning to switch to Inspect Express. I downloaded the trial version about 2 years ago and really liked it. I've been procrastinating on switching because it's so unlike IV and I don't like change all that much. I'll be facing a big learning curve. I'm going to bite the bullet and do it soon though.

Do you still have Inspectvue 4? Just go back to using that til you find and customize another program. Inspectvue has gone off the cliff and I don't see it coming back. I see you're pretty much using the narratives that came with the program, so you don't have a whole lot to lose by switching. The crap that the PHD wrote is horrid. It's so bad that you'd swear that it's a parody of bad report writing.

How did I know that you use the original narratives? I'll fess up and admit that I looked at one of your reports. Yes, I can look at the reports that you have stored on the IV server. In fact, any Inspectvue user can access any other users reports if they're uploaded to the server. I discovered this by accident 6 years ago.There is no hacking of any kind involved. I don't know if any other users have discovered it. I can't imagine that Lorne didn't know about this. The new owners might not know. I figured that by now, this huge security flaw would be fixed. That's why I went into your report file - to see if I could. I assure you I won't do it again.

Hi Joe,

Wow, that is a huge security breach. I don't mind that you looked-nothing to hide:-) but thanks for telling me. Yes, language was horrible (some PHD, I changed some of the language but there was just too much of it to make any dent) but the report was so easy to put together and worked like a charm for long time. That is until the version 4 I was using started going wonky and big chunks of data would just disappear overnight. So I tried R-5 and can't live with that.

I too hate change and seem to have no choice, so I'm looking at everything. I'm not very computer tech minded and need something that is easy to work with, easy to slap editable pics on, and Oh yeah, I also have to like how the report looks-aren't we fussy? About 15 years ago I was using Inspect-it with an old mac, so i'll be checking them out too.

JP

Yeah, he was a PhD in English Literature. He even had vague and hard to trace accent, like he was trying to act European, or something.

He honestly thought that because he was a Doctor of English Lit, he wrote perfect HI boilerplate.

What a maroon.........

Interesting about the security breach.