Judge Hands Down First Chinese Drywall Verdict

Chad Fabry

2.6 Million dollars awarded to Virginia families for damage to their homes caused by Chinese drywall.

US District Judge Eldon Fallon reached this verdict and determined that the drywall used in these homes had significantly higher sulphur content than what is allowed.

Judge Fallon is expected to rule on a New Orleans case in the coming weeks.

Read the article from Professional Builder here.

$2.6M is not all that much when you consider that the legal profession and whoever else is going to get a sizable cut (40% + expenses) as well!

Divide what is leftover and that is what they will get. I bet they will be lucky to get $50,000 per family.

Watch Knauf file for bankruptcy, I'm sure that is in the plans down the road after this settlement is appealed a couple of times.

$2.6M is not all that much when you consider that the legal profession and whoever else is going to get a sizable cut (40% + expenses) as well!

Divide what is leftover and that is what they will get. I bet they will be lucky to get $50,000 per family.

Watch Knauf file for bankruptcy, I'm sure that is in the plans down the road after this settlement is appealed a couple of times.

After bankruptcy comes a cheap sell-off to a holding Co. which takes over with no obligations to pay up.

[:-shades]

Sad but true[:(!]