We just had it inspected......

Michael Carson

Inspected a home yesterday and was met at the door by the owner who said the home was just inspected and everything was fixed. To his credit, he went and pulled out receipts for radon mitigation, double tap in the breaker panel, etc. This is just a small example of what I found. Oh did I mention the inspector is a realtor for the group that has the listing. The homeowner said that he gave a copy of the previous report to the agent to give to prospective buyers. Unbelievable.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201062673129_P6259703.jpg

43.95 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201062673215_P6259668.jpg

31.95 KB

He (seller) did not have a pre inspection. This inspection apparently came from a buyer of a few months ago. The agent was also the dual agent in that transaction. The agent tried to get the current buyer, my client, to use that previous report saying that it was just inspected. When my client wanted an inspection anyway the realtor told him to use "her guy". To my clients credit he went home, thought about it and the phrase "my guy" did not set well. He then went on the internet and found me. This is the short version, there were other things that happened during this transaction that my client did not feel that was kosher.

I take it the home owner had a pre-listing inspection done Mike?

What were his thoughts on what you found?

He (seller) did not have a pre inspection. This inspection apparently came from a buyer of a few months ago. The agent was also the dual agent in that transaction. The agent tried to get the current buyer, my client, to use that previous report saying that it was just inspected. When my client wanted an inspection anyway the realtor told him to use "her guy". To my clients credit he went home, thought about it and the phrase "my guy" did not set well. He then went on the internet and found me. This is the short version, there were other things that happened during this transaction that my client did not feel that was kosher.

I just love it when that happens.

Marc