SSL knowledge

SSLPro

Hey Folks,

I was wondering how many perform lighting audits as a subset? With the ban on incandescent lights 17 months away - I wonder how many are knowlegable regarding this change or even aware. Could you as an energy loss "expert" converse about what constitutes a quality SSL product - could you discern what makes a GREAT Led vs the type of thing seen at a big box store? While this may not be on everyones radar- as a solution provider- I'm glad I can speak with a high level of knowledge, there is a definite advantage to being aware of what is a growing area and not appearing oblivious, after all its the 21st century why would anyone be using Cfls or incandescents ?

- Just asking-

SSLPro

Hey Folks,

I was wondering how many perform lighting audits as a subset? With the ban on incandescent lights 17 months away - I wonder how many are knowlegable regarding this change or even aware. Could you as an energy loss "expert" converse about what constitutes a quality SSL product - could you discern what makes a GREAT Led vs the type of thing seen at a big box store? While this may not be on everyones radar- as a solution provider- I'm glad I can speak with a high level of knowledge, there is a definite advantage to being aware of what is a growing area and not appearing oblivious, after all its the 21st century why would anyone be using Cfls or incandescents ?

- Just asking-

I thought the date was in 2014. Starting with the 100w in 2012 and ending with the 40w in 2014.

I wonder what kind of bulbs will be used in ovens, microwaves, freezers, etc.... Affordable CFL's and LED's do not do very well in extreame temps.

What is SSL?

SSL is Solid State Lighting- your dates are correct but starting in late 2011 supply houses+ distributors

will be working with a ticking clock, once their buying starts reduced numbers of the old and increasing

% of SSL on shelves will start tipping the balance ( ON MERIT)Some adapt quicker then others.

As to the use of

Led lamps in Freezers/ Refrigerators - I've been using a Led bulb in my fridge for years, why would any

logical person put a heat producing light -in a box you want to keep cool, Leds don't like heat and so

I only have the 2 oven bulbs left - Thats a minor issue relative to SSL usage