Siding Claims

DonTx

Have any of you ever dealt with these siding claims firms such as One Source?

Can you recommend one?

What percentage of the claim do they take?

My mothers house in Tulsa has some crappy rotting 4x8 hardboard siding and I'd like to get someone out there to see if it will qualify for one of these class action lawsuits. I only see the masonite/LP/abito lap type siding down here. I haven't seen this particular type of siding that is on her house anywhere else. I'd say it is about 1/2 to 5/8ths inch thick with a stucco pattern on the outside.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Donald

Donald

I have seen this board quite frequently. There are different manufactures to this board but one of the main distributors or manufactures in your area was Masonite. You are going to have to pull a panel though to get a positive I.D.

What Percentage of the claim do they take?

A very large percentage. These claims are not that difficult to do. The hard part about filing a claim is having the patience to deal with the number of times the claims administration is going to send you a letter letting you know that the information you have provided is insufficient. I have done over the past several years many of these claims for large commercial properties and I know the process well.

Masonite in there class action was able to get a clause placed in their forms that states if there is a suitable substitute that is manufactured by them then it reduces the overall payout of the class action. Supposedly there is a warehouse down in Louisiana or somewhere down that way that is stock full of that substitute board. I have seen the substitute board and it does not look much like the original. I have no idea what the judge was thinking when he allowed that. Most of the claims are designed to screw the consumer one way or the other.

Can I recommend one?

Yes, American Siding Consultants. His name is Pat Richardson and he has been in that business for a long time. Contact him at www.sidingconsultants.com. You can see what bad board is like and he is right now campaigning against Masonite on the substitute board issue. The best part is that he will give free advice to home owners and help them in any possible way. He is very current on all class actions but only does commercial buildings. This man knows his stuff and is one of the few that has lasted through the many, many class actions. He is also current on the few that are coming to a head in the near future.

If you any other questions e-mail me. I can help some.

Jon

Donald

I may have lead you astray. I believe the substitute board can be manufactured by anyone. It seems to me, if I remember right, that the board used as a substitute for that particular stucco finish was manufactured by James Hardy. I think the ware house full of replacement board related to Weyerhauser claims. It's been a couple of years since I've dealt with one of these. I will dig out my notes but in the mean time contact Pat he deals with it daily.

Jon

Mike

Is there a way to go back in and edit your remarks? Say for instance you hit the submt reply and then you notice that you incorrectly spelled a name. (James Hardy, James Hardie) Can I change that or do have just have to live with it?

Thanks

Jon

Originally posted by Savoy

Is there a way to go back in and edit your remarks?

Jon,

If you look above any of your posts you will see an extra icon which shows a pencil making a check mark on a tablet. Cilck on that and you can edit your own posts all you want.

Brian G.