The "new" Ge survey mas protimeters

Jwebster

Hello guys,

I am new to the forum, but I wanted to see everyones experience with the "new" style Ge survey master Protimeters.

We have about 30 old style BLD5360 meters in our company.

I have recently received a New style POL5365 meter to replace one of our old broken meters.

I am finding a lot of inconsistency in the readings between the 2 style of meters.

Has anyone else had this issue?

We are a restoration company, and we track all of our moisture points Via software to create reports for the insurance company.

The inconsistency could provide an issue for us.

Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks

The issue for us is that GE has stopped making the BLD5360.

The POL5365 is the replacement model they are making instead of the BLD5360.

I am just trying to figure out how I am suppose to transition over to the new style without having to buy 30 new meters to replace the ones we currently own. that make any sense?

Just wanting to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Thanks

It might just be a calibration issue. Calibration is something you should do if you are recording the readings and using multiple meters.

Since I only do comparative readings, I don't think about calibrating very much at all. [:)]

Different meters operate on different scales. My GE works on on 1-100 which is qualitative. Unfortunately this meter cannot be field calibrated.

My Delmhorst(s) on the other hand work both qualitative and quantitative with 3 different scales; 0-100 (note; no %) for non wood products, 0%-40% for wood products and 0%-50% for gypsum products. The nicest feature about these meters is that they can be field calibrated with the press of a button. Unfortunately it does not surface scan.