Jump to content

Does this thing flip over?


Recommended Posts

The part of the main (150 amp, older GE panel) switch in the photo below that the green arrow points to looks like some kind of extension to widen the switch itself.

It looks like it might be designed to flip over or be removed if necessary.  Does anyone know if it can be flipped to the other side (the upper side in the photo) of the switch? I've tried with gentle pressure but it doesn't seem to want to move, don't want to force it. But then it's old. 

I ask because the space used by the metal extension is preventing installation of a generator interlock device that was designed specifically for the panel.


GE panel switch main.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...