File Names?

Realtors and clients think of the home in terms of its address, so I use the street address to name the report.

I worked as a realtors assistant for about 6 months until I could get all licensed and certified up to be an inspector. Realtors files are labeled by client names. Inside the files the homes that clients have been party to are labeled by address. It was natural for me to use the address for the file name.

Chris, Oregon

• 3 weeks later...

I use the street address to name the file - 5602 Brookside Court.PDF - and I drop it in a folder with any extra photos, etc with the same street name - 5602 Brookside Court - and set my computer to show the files by the date created so they run in date order. My inspection software allows me to put in a number so I use the date with an "A" or "B" to designate if it was the first or second inspection of that day - 041310A - is the first inspection for 4/13/2010 and that number will show up on the inspection when I print it but I really don't have to use it.