Asbestos Question regarding popcorn ceiling

Not sure, but I've inspected some commercial roofing jobs that involved asbestos-containing products that needed to be removed and the cost of removal did not escalate with the presence of asbestos. It just needed to be separated from non asbestos-containing products because it's destined for a different place.

As for asbestos containing popcorn, I've never heard of it here but I wouldn't be surprised. The stuff is pervasive.

Friable asbestos-containing products will absolutely involve higher removal costs because of mandated precautions. I'm not verse well enough to go into that in detail.

Latex paint is more expensive in water. Makes for a bigger mess too. I don't know why anyone would prefer it.

Maybe some of the other guys here will chime in and offer more info so stay tuned for a couple days.

Also, don't get too worried about asbestos. It's one of the panic words that some folks use to get prospective customers to open their wallets.

Did you know that asbestos is still used in some products? It's regulated, not banned.

Marc

Wow,

Two years to the day the thread got randomly re-opened. I wonder what the odds are of that happening?

There are commercial products designed specifically for softening ceiling texture that painters and drywall guys used. Spray it on, wait and then walk a 12" wide knife along the ceiling and it comes off like butter being scraped with a hot knife. Keep it wet down so it can't become friable, bag up the residue and toss it in the trash.

OT - OF!!!

M.