Hydronic heat question

Denray

OK, I know nothing about this stuff. The hot water for the house and floor heat seems to be all out of the same boiler. Only fault I see is that the TPR drains have some uphill portions. The rest I be ignant on. See any problems. The old, 2004 boiler was replaced in 2011.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013821214721_Gothe82113%20090%20(Small).jpg

43.16 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013821214749_Gothe82113%20100%20(Small).jpg

61.67 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013821214823_Gothe82113%20092%20(Small).jpg

47.56 KB

I just gave the pics a quick glance, but I think you're fine. It's a boiler with a secondary heat exchanger for domestic water heating and a reservoir/holding tank for domestic hot water.

I see these systems in various forms; they're great.

This one might have some fine tuned stuff I'm too tired to see right now.

When I was starring at it all I was thinking the boiler hot water was going directly into the large tank, duh. That seemed dumb. Then I couldn't figure out how that pipe mess was going on there. Realizing there is a heat exchanger in there makes it come together. Thanks Kurt. It's terrific that you guys are so helpful.

You have a condensing boiler with piping to an indirect tank for potable hot water followed by a water softening system behind it. Can't tell much but a few points other than the already noted discharge piping issues:

-low voltage wire sharing the same Romex clamp. Should enter at a separate point.

-Can't see a backflow preventer. looks like just a fill valve.

-can't see but the cold potable water feed must have a check valve downstream of an approved isolation valve on the indirect

-thermal expansion tank should have a dedicated isolation valve so it can be tested or replaced as needed.

any more pics?