Jump to content

Another Steam Heating System Question

Neal Lewis

Recommended Posts

This is an equalizer device for a two pipe steam boiler. I know the purpose of an equalizer, but how does this device work?

There seems to be an endless variety of different and interesting steam heat devices that I run into every once in awhile. Steam heat never ceases to amaze me. I even keep a copy of The Lost Art of Steam Heating on my coffee table...

Click to Enlarge

51.81 KB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does it precede a vaccum pump system or other return mechanisms?

Reason I ask is it looks like a drip leg to collect sediments or contaminants. That one section has recently been opened (taped threads), and there's a union to allow disassembly. Maybe it's some kind of clean out....(?)

I've never seen any pipe section like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...