Anyone know why

Robin7798

I have an AquaTherm 30VAQ3 heat/ac unit. A friend replaced the filter yesterday. He has done this before with no issues. When I returned home and turned the air on using the thermostat nothing happened, so I tried the heat and tried auto and fan on settings...still nothing went on.

I don't want to lose a friendship, so asking here first. Is there some switch on the actual furnace/ac unit that my friend could have switched off??? I checked and it looks like he installed the filter correctly. There is a switch that looks like a light switch and it's on. I switched it off then on again, but this did not resolve the issue. I checked the breaker box and everything is ok.

What could be causing this????

The thing that looks like a light switch is on the heat/ac unit itself.

Correct.

Please confirm, what you are saying is that I should unscrew the door you unscrew to replace the air filter and open that then close it and screw door shut again?

I would first check for the presence of a switch that deactivates when you remove the panel. You can't miss it. Once you find it, make sure that panel is installed properly.

If there's no such switch there, the problem is likely elsewhere.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your help! Works perfectly now.

Robn

Are you sure that 'light' switch is not a 'on/auto' switch?

There's a spring loaded door switch on a front panel to the indoor section that will shut the system off if the panel isn't replaced properly.

Marc