Service Offers Protection from Frivolous Boards

hausdok

(PressZoom) - BALTIMORE, MD

Architects, teachers, dentists, physicians, therapists, realtors®, and attorneys all have something in common: their careers and livelihood depend on their state-issued licenses. And while many licensed professionals spend hundreds or thousands in malpractice or E&O insurance every month, very few can expect legal protection if faced with a state licensing board action. With this in mind, SML Holdings has launched a new service designed specifically to help professionals protect and save their licenses, their careers, their good name, and their livelihood from state board and administrative regulatory actions.

Save My License (www.savemylicense.com) enables licensed professionals in almost any occupation to receive up to $100,000 in costs and legal fees to protect against any state or national board, administrative, or regulatory action that threatens their license and their livelihood.

Offering different levels of protection for low, mid, and high-risk careers, Save My License members can protect their professional license( s ) with plans that are offered in protection levels of $25,000, $50,000, and $100,000 and start at $49 per year. All levels of membership include protection against fines a member may be obligated to pay.

“Administrative actions against a professionals’ license, whether serious or frivolous, are incredibly disrupting, and can be fatal, to a person’s career, and will affect their reputation, their livelihood, their family, and their income. When a persons license is under threat, It’s absolutely critical that all licensed professionals have the resources and access to experienced legal counsel on short notice to effectively fight for their good name and their livelihood,â€

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by chicago

Mike you are hailed far and wide behind no other as the king of facts,so any idea how many inspectors have ever lost their licensing.

Huh?

King of facts? waddayubensmokinboy?

Thanks for the compliment, but my perception has been that I routinely embarrass myself by getting stuff dead wrong. [:-paperba

As for how many inspectors have ever lost their licenses, I don't have a clue and I don't think anyone else does. I suppose I could try to come up with a figure, by calling all 30+ states that have licensing and asking whether they keep records on such things, but odd are that whatever figure I come up with won't be that accurate. Enforcement is sketchy in some places and others, like Texas, have had licensing for so long that some of their records might have been purged by now.

However, even if I did that, the information won't really be relevant, unless it includes length of time each state has had licensing, the reason that a license was terminated, the number of years the inspector involved had been in business, etc.

Thanks for the project idea, though. I don't have time to tackle it right now, but I suppose I could during the next slow season. If anyone else with more time on their hands wants to take that ball and run with it right now, please do. I'll be happy to help you flesh your results into a finished article and then publish your findings here on TIJ under your own byline.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Some states have some regulation and others almost none. Having a formal set of regulations over the industry comes with a weighty price that forces alliance to practices at some time are unrealistic or impractical. Rigidity and selective interpretation of vague government policy via bureaucratese is common within its ranks. Common sense can get lost in the shuffle.

A fairly transparent fact, like the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about, is that the Board(s) of Realtors and others want a controlling interest over the inspection industry. Based on sheer numbers and dollars the agents and brokers are the Goliath and the inspectors are poorer David element. Many of those David elements are sound asleep while Goliath tells everyone else “how the cow eats the cabbage.â€

The information of government revocation, suspension or other policing action of licenses is not easily available. Only minor statistics are available and most of those lack any real detail worthy of a courtroom.

In relation to my past search for such statistics in the facts, the governments entities are mostly unwilling to cooperate with any such investigation of their own activities where their judgment comes into play. They do not want their authority questioned.

One must use the freedom of information act and any open records act, which many of the government agencies hate, to get the rough details.