Grey Water HVAC

Briangeothermal

Hello everyone, thought I would start here with some news you can use. Grey water sourced geothermal HVAC. With all the discussion on grey water and reuse water here, thought everyone would enjoy this link.

www.encoreenergyinc.com when there click on the Demarco Energy Miser video, enjoy. Now incorporating grey water geo HVAC too!

This should be an interesting thread...

Cheers

Brian

Hi Brian,

I guess I'm a dolt, because I didn't see anything there about grey water usage. It looks like a water sourced heat pump video and, unless I missed it, said nothing about grey water. It also seems like it's a setup that's not very practical from a single-family residential home standpoint, unless one plans to do it on a grand scale where one is heating dozens of homes with the same setup; as with the military housing areas. Am I missing something there? Would we see a single unit in a single-family residence?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi Mike,

The grey water geothermal heat pump system operates exactly the same as the domestic water supply connections you see in the video. Yes you may connect a single family home to it. Of course, there must be a pressurized grey water line from the utility there. We have identified these lines in CA, TX, NM, CO, CT,NV,IN AZ. Most new housing developments will incorporate them as well. Lake water sourced heat exchangers work great too, like our Lake Travis project.

Okay,

So, tell me more about how this would work. How does the single-family homeowner get his system hooked up? What's the ballpark cost for a residential type setup? Is this a situation where a whole neighborhood must sign up or it's too cost prohibitive? You're not telling me a whole lot here and I don't have the time to try and decode all of the stuff on the site that you linked. If you want home inspectors to tell their clients about this kind of stuff, you first need to make us understand what it is, how it can be integrated into a single-family home, and why it's a benefit to our clients.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike