Anemometer?

David Meiland

I used a cheap one ($150+-) for a few seasons, and honestly, I can tell just about as much with my hand and a piece of tissue paper.

Very unscientific, but useful, information from the hand and tissue. The hand was free, slight charge on the tissue.

So you're the one who taught Mike Holmes that trick[:-monkeyd

What if you had to take a reasonably accurate airflow measurements and write it on a report? The BPI energy audit standard calls for measuring the performance of installed fans.

Well, in my 16 years of home inspecting I have never had the need to measure such a thing.

Now as an energy rater I could possibly see the use for one.

What if you had to take a reasonably accurate airflow measurements and write it on a report? The BPI energy audit standard calls for measuring the performance of installed fans.

Well, in my 16 years of home inspecting I have never had the need to measure such a thing.

Now as an energy rater I could possibly see the use for one.

I use the fan flow meter from Energy Conservatory (looks like a dish pan with holes in it) and my DG700. Don't use it for home inspections, use it for my RESNET/BPI audits. Before that I used the hand/tissue method, did not know Holmes did it as well, glad I am smart like him.