Jump to content

siding help

Jerry Lozier

Recommended Posts

Possibly a "cement board" product such as from James Hardie.

I thought it was cement board also at first however actual panel (was able to view edge) was hard board (masonite?) with chalkie plaster like coating.... don't know if panel comes like this or was texture added by a contractor??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 year old home....4' x10' hard board panels with plaster like (chalky) texture. Any body know an official nameother than 'hardboard with plaster texture'?????

I just call them stucco finish panels. A few companies made them, as Mike pointed out Weyerhaeuser made one as well. It is basically MDF with an embossed texture and the it is covered with a thick plaster like paint. It has the same problems as MDF siding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...