New Pentax camera

Robert Jones

Just a FYI, if you guys are ever having trouble with a program not wanting to work in Vista or 7, both OS's have a compatibility mode.

Find the shortcut or the .exe for the program (I typically install a shortcut to my desktop for any program I use more). Right click the icon/file and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." You can then choose to run said program as "Win XP" or something like that. I don't recall the exact term. It more or less runs the program under the parameters of an old OS, like XP, which just about everything under the sun works just fine on.

One more comment.....

Get extra batteries. The camera battery is only 750mah, and they die quick. Turning off the display makes a big difference, but you have to be comfortable and facile enough with the equipment to know where you're pointing.

I get batteries @ cellular factory, www.cellularfactory.com..........best price I've found for OEM batteries.

One more comment.....

Get extra batteries. The camera battery is only 750mah, and they die quick. Turning off the display makes a big difference, but you have to be comfortable and facile enough with the equipment to know where you're pointing.

I get batteries @ cellular factory, www.cellularfactory.com..........best price I've found for OEM batteries.

Not sure why I've not brought this up before, but the best rechargeable battery I've used is Enloop. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it. Japan made by Sanyo. Funny thing is I've never considered Sanyo to a premium maker of anything...

Eneloop is good for the AA and other standard battery sizes. I've not been able to find where they make batteries compatible with the new cameras, which all have specific proprietary designs.

Personally, I've got Tenergy for my flashlights. 2600mah as compared to 2000mah for the Eneloop.

Basically, I go with whoever's got the right battery design @ the highest mah for the least money.

• 4 years later...

Hi All,

Well, after five years of very severe abuse; a lot of crawlspaces, being crushed in my breast pocket as I squeezed under ducts and pipes, being sat on in my back pocket a few thousand times, after being dropped dozens of times - once off a roof into a muddy backfill trench, after being covered with mud and slime, after being rinsed under an outside sillcock a few hundred times, after having it's battery door torn off and it's rubber bumper stripped off, after sustaining a dent that I was convinced must have broken something inside, after it's image screen became so scratched up that it's hard to view through, my Pentax W90 finally declared that it had had enough and tried to escape my abuse by ejecting it's shutter button places unknown.

Not to be deterred, I broke off a sliver of wood, jammed it in the recess where the shutter button had been and continued snapping pics until I'd completed yesterday's inspection. It might have been my imagination, but I could have sworn I heard that camera scream in pain in a tiny little electronic voice every time I shoved that piece of wood down it's recess to force it to focus and snap pictures.

He was a valiant fellow and he fought the good fight but I guess it's time to put him out to pasture with the lady cameras for the rest of his days.

Just went onto Amazon to order his replacement - a WG-30W - also in flame orange. Inexplicably, once I went to the checkout button the image began trembling. I suspect the camera I just ordered had heard from the 'verse what's in store for it and it was shaking with fear.

Should have it Tuesday.