I recently had a client hire me to inspect 4 upper end homes, about 1 per week 'til she found the perfect one.

One of the main reasons she bailed from the first 2 was that there was rodent activity in the home.

After the 2nd one, I suggested that she hire a pest control guy to search for signs of rodents prior to hiring me to do the inspection. She told me she preferred that I do the full inspections, and that she didn't trust anyone else. That was OK with me.

Anyways, to the point.

The first inspection was on a newer home that was still occupied. The sellers had set out drinks, snacks, etc. for us. When people leave stuff like this out, I suspect a hint of a bribe, and don't indulge, but in this case, I think the suspicion was unfounded. I think that these sellers may have been the nicest people around, because when they found out that my client was bailing, they re- imbursed her for the cost of the inspection, and were apologetic that there was anything wrong with the home. I am so used to getting heated phone calls from sellers/ listing agents, that I was completely blown away.

Anyone else ever heard of this happening?

I recently had a client hire me to inspect 4 upper end homes, about 1 per week 'til she found the perfect one.

One of the main reasons she bailed from the first 2 was that there was rodent activity in the home.

After the 2nd one, I suggested that she hire a pest control guy to search for signs of rodents prior to hiring me to do the inspection. She told me she preferred that I do the full inspections, and that she didn't trust anyone else. That was OK with me.

Anyways, to the point.

The first inspection was on a newer home that was still occupied. The sellers had set out drinks, snacks, etc. for us. When people leave stuff like this out, I suspect a hint of a bribe, and don't indulge, but in this case, I think the suspicion was unfounded. I think that these sellers may have been the nicest people around, because when they found out that my client was bailing, they re- imbursed her for the cost of the inspection, and were apologetic that there was anything wrong with the home. I am so used to getting heated phone calls from sellers/ listing agents, that I was completely blown away.

Anyone else ever heard of this happening?

No. I need to move to your area. [;)]

Question: You found a perfect home? How many years do I gotta work before I get one?

I get a repeat clients like yours sometimes that are picky customers and when that happens, it worries me. I can see their frustration and it makes for uneasy company. I'm stuck between their dreams and the truth about the market. I turn a blind eye to it, if I can. What else can I do?

Marc

Question: You found a perfect home? How many years do I gotta work before I get one?

My client found her perfect home. The one she chose...........nah, not perfect.

I can see their frustration and it makes for uneasy company. I'm stuck between their dreams and the truth about the market. I turn a blind eye to it, if I can. What else can I do?

To the contrary.... She was what I consider to be a perfect client; one of those clients you immediately feel at ease with, definitely didn't have to worry about money, etc.

Depending on the customer, I may turn a blind eye, may coach them, etc.