What is the material called for this front door?

kimball gray

It is a Therma Tru Fiberclassic fiberglass door. The top and bottom rails are composite similar to the original Trex decking, while the stiles are gluelams under solid oak. The core is foamed in place polyurethane. The skims are a proprietary fiberglass molded at around 200 degrees and under several hundred tons of pressure, IIRC, it's been years since I toured the factory.

It is a Therma Tru Fiberclassic fiberglass door. The top and bottom rails are composite similar to the original Trex decking, while the stiles are gluelams under solid oak. The core is foamed in place polyurethane. The skims are a proprietary fiberglass molded at around 200 degrees and under several hundred tons of pressure, IIRC, it's been years since I toured the factory.

How do you know that? No one should possess that much information about a door. : )

How do you know that? No one should possess that much information about a door. : )

John, The guy walked in my door, looked at my countertop and said something like, "That's a Wilsonart high definition laminate in one of the deep star patterns." He's a walking parts catalog.

Didn't get the color though, did ya? It's Fossil, Tom. Deep star Fossil.

Look at the first pic. The FC stands for Fiber Classic, the series designation. The 30 is the model designation for the slab. Some portion of the remaining numbers indicate the level of prep the slab received at the factory before being shipped off to the assembler, while the rest are factory tracking numbers for production date and lot numbers for the foam and glass was used to make it.

One of the advantages of a decade of building material sales is having access to factory tours. The disadvantage is the terabytes of useless information stuck in my head.