Maglight rechargables

Bain

Does anyone know how to get to the switch so it can be cleaned and will stop sticking? I've made it as far as the cylinder beneath the bulb. But I'm afraid to mess with the spring-loaded buttons for fear I'll need a special tool to get everything together again.

John

Originally posted by Bain

Does anyone know how to get to the switch so it can be cleaned and will stop sticking? I've made it as far as the cylinder beneath the bulb. But I'm afraid to mess with the spring-loaded buttons for fear I'll need a special tool to get everything together again.

John

You can't clean them. You need to either sent it back to Mag (they'll replace your switch for free) or take it to an approved Mag service center.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Bain,

I've had the same problem in the past, I've also sent them back for repair. But have discovered that the rubber cap over the switch can be the cause of a "sticky" switch (rubber becomes less flexible). When I called Maglight they sent me the rubber cap which I replaced and that cleared up the problem. You may give that a try, if so you can leave the cap off while waiting for the replacement.

Robert E Lee

GENERAL Home Inspections, Inc