used surveymaster

rkenney

Some time ago a post was made asking if anyone would feel comfortable buying a surveymaster from E-bay. The standard 'Caveat emptor" was responded.

Well I just got my surveymeter from Ebay, ran all the calibration checks ( with and without the remote leads), checked my bathroom floor, the wet wall in the shed, yada yada. All works well, I am quite pleased (I am cheap - but not easy).

When the unit turns off, either manually or automatically, there is a battery graphic in the upper left corner. Is this supposed to indicate battery charge ( no reference to it in the manual)?

Bob Kenney

www.IndependentHomeInspectionMD.com

Yes, a new battery makes no difference in the display when turning off the SM.

I did download a 'true' copy of the manual, however, and the first page said that it would indicate a low battery by displaying BAT.

Don't know where I got the original instructions from on the web, but they were identical except for that omission.

Just wanted to know if there was some indication before the meter suffered erratic operation from low battery (not something I like to deal with on-site).

Bob Kenney

www.IndependentHomeInspectionMD.com