Home Inspections App

Thank you all for your replies.

Well, I had searched free apps but no luck. I want free app as of now coz I am developing a small App for myself but want to add as many features as I can and make it free to use in future.

Several visitors here have done the same. As far as I know, all of them eventually abandoned that endeavor in favor of a choice of marketed home inspection software.

Sometimes, after many years of experience, the marketed home inspection software gets replaced by an array of general purpose professional software that does the same thing better. In my case, I abandoned 3d several years ago in favor of Word, Photobulk, Photoscape X, Adobe Acrobat and a handful of settings and keyboard tricks on a MacBook platform.

I've other apps in consideration and every once in awhile I learn a new time-saving trick on my Mac. I've two external monitors and thinking of expanding on that. When I get the dough, I may buy into a column-mounted counterbalanced desktop that lets me switch from standing or sitting work positions in just a few seconds.

I use my setup for much more than just writing HI reports.

Marc

Well, I had searched free apps but no luck. I want free app as of now coz I am developing a small App for myself but want to add as many features as I can and make it free to use in future.

Several visitors here have done the same. As far as I know, all of them eventually abandoned that endeavor in favor of a choice of marketed home inspection software.

Sometimes, after many years of experience, the marketed home inspection software gets replaced by an array for general purpose professional software that does the same thing better. In my case, I abandoned 3d several years ago in favor of Word, Photobulk, Photoscape X, Adobe Acrobat and a handful of settings and keyboard tricks on a MacBook platform.

I've other apps in consideration and every once in awhile I learn a new time-saving trick on my Mac. I've two external monitors and thinking of expanding on that. When I get the dough, I may buy into a column-mounted counterbalanced desktop that lets me switch from standing or sitting work positions in just a few seconds.

Marc

Just had my quarterly visit with my endocrinologist for my ongoing T1D maintenance. Their offices have (and still are) going through construction as the "corporation" keeps spending $$. He is in a medical office tower with Baylor Scott-White.

Anyway ... he used to always be carrying his laptop for our visits and today they have an articulating arm attached to the wall holding the keyboard, monitor and small 'desktop' connected to the LAN. His nurse stood up and did her keyboard entries with my vitals and when he came in he pulled it over and sat down and did his file updates.

NO ... I didn't get a name for the product, but it fit with your comment above.

Sometimes, after many years of experience, the marketed home inspection software gets replaced by an array of general purpose professional software that does the same thing better. In my case, I abandoned 3d several years ago in favor of Word, Photobulk, Photoscape X, Adobe Acrobat and a handful of settings and keyboard tricks on a MacBook platform.

Marc

I think, you are right. Maybe, I should work on developing an App that suits more businesses.

• 8 months later...

We use InspectIt and do like it. Like all the other packages, it has its strengths and weaknesses. It took us about five months to really get it customized to our satisfaction, including writing the comment library (we were starting from scratch, having used paper report forms). We still have to do maintenance every few weeks, adding new comments, tweaking the sections, etc. We use our iOS devices in the field to gather data in the software. The PC version is not nearly as polished, which is too bad. We'd love to be able to start our reports in the field and finish them in the office.

Any decent software will be pricey. It's an investment.