Panel Location

matto

I have a couple questions I hope you guys can help me out with. Now I know common sense should prevail in most of these circumstances but I could use some help in sourcing some sort of code to back up any of these issues if needed. The building is a small commercial building with two apartment above, the neighbor's building also has two apartments. There is a common access for the apartments through a stairway and hallway. That being said here goes:

One of the units has their electrical panel in the common area of the hallway, this has a lock on it. So being able to shut power down would require finding the key?

The general hall lighting is controlled by a switch on the inside of two of the units, very dark when off. No safety lighting and no exit lighting.

My final question is that the uppper windows one slider about 48x48 and one single hung 36x36, do these need stops on the jambs to prevent accidential falls.

Thanks in advance. Try not to beat me up too bad, I am trying to catch up on paper work, and I hate paperwork[:-monkeyd

The general hall lighting is controlled by a switch on the inside of two of the units, very dark when off. No safety lighting and no exit lighting.

Thanks in advance. Try not to beat me up too bad, I am trying to catch up on paper work, and I hate paperwork[:-monkeyd

The switch needs to be in somewhere in the public space, on a timer, locked up perhaps.

One of the units has their electrical panel in the common area of the hallway, this has a lock on it. So being able to shut power down would require finding the key?

Sorry, I'm away from my reference sources. Just from memory, I believe that the people who might have to shut off the power are supposed to have the keys.

Sorry I don't know.

My final question is that the uppper windows one slider about 48x48 and one single hung 36x36, do these need stops on the jambs to prevent accidential falls.

Only under the 2009 IRC and only if they're less than 24" above the floor and the fall to grade is greater than 72". (I think.)