New PDF Reader needed for some HUD forms

After an hour of trying to figure out why I could not open the HUD 92051 form on the HUD site I scrolled to the bottom of the page. Apparently many of HUD's forms now can only be opened with the Nuance PDF Reader http://nuance.com It is a free PDF Reader and for me it works quicker than Adobe.

Anyway, it has been a few months since I did a 92051 and it surprised me that HUD would make a change like this. Oh well, just part of working with HUD!

Scott,

I had no problems opening the 92051 at HUD with an older Adobe Acrobat application as well as both Adobe Reader V9 and v10.

What was the URL you were at to get that information?

Here the URL I was at:

HUD 92051

Humm, that is the same link.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documen ... =92051.pdf

This is another link that I started on and it was locking up my system

http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudclips ... /92051.pdf

This is the old 92051....

Heck, it was most likely somthing I was doing or a software conflict on my system. Ever since I upgraded to v10 of Adobe I have had some strange issues with some sites and programs.

I actually think I like the new PDF program better, I think Nuance is even cheaper for the full working file maker.

For the last year or so, my adobe acrobat 8 Pro has locked up on form-fill pdf forms. It only locks up for 15 seconds or so then works fine afterwards. I'll betcha it has more to do with Adobe than the HUD 92051 form.

Sometimes I think I need to uninstall/re-install Adobe to fix it.

Marc

For the last year or so, my adobe acrobat 8 Pro has locked up on form-fill pdf forms. It only locks up for 15 seconds or so then works fine afterwards. I'll betcha it has more to do with Adobe than the HUD 92051 form.

Marc

Marc,

You might look into all the "little things" that get loaded into your PC's OS that kick into gear or load when you reboot and run in the background. Adobe is famous for putting tons of little things (or at least 'some') into background running mode that do a lot of online checking of things and help make the Adobe apps run faster. I disable almost all my Adobe 'things' from doing such and I've not experienced any adverse problems.

When I first downloaded Reader V10 I had some compatibility issues so I deleted it and went back to v9. I just reloaded v10 this past week and "so far" no hiccups.

Scott,

A couple of HI friends of mine down here use PrimoPDF for the PDF work and are quite pleased with it.

PrimoPDF

Marc

Marc,

You might look into all the "little things" that get loaded into your PC's OS that kick into gear or load when you reboot and run in the background. Adobe is famous for putting tons of little things (or at least 'some') into background running mode that do a lot of online checking of things and help make the Adobe apps run faster. I disable almost all my Adobe 'things' from doing such and I've not experienced any adverse problems.

When I first downloaded Reader V10 I had some compatibility issues so I deleted it and went back to v9. I just reloaded v10 this past week and "so far" no hiccups.

Scott,

A couple of HI friends of mine down here use PrimoPDF for the PDF work and are quite pleased with it.

PrimoPDF

You're likely correct. How do I disable these 'things'? Via the 'processes' tab on the Task Manager?

Marc