3D Android App

So I have been using the 3D report program since my introduction into the inspection world 9 years ago. Anyone else that uses this program should know that the new Android app for 3D(same as the Windows 7 app), is awesome. A few weeks back, I purchased the new Acer Iconia 500 at the local Costco, which runs on the Droid system. Today I was able to actually take the tablet and use the new 3D app. Excellent. The photo's are clear and just a small amount of touch up when I got back home.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011108212531_IMGP5844%20(Medium).jpg

35.04 KB

I"ve been using the HP IPAQ pda for several years with 3D. I carry the pda on my belt. Where do you carry the tablet? What about when you need two hands to inspect? I have no interest in producing or typing a report on site. Can it sync with my PC, so I can type on a regular keyboard, and store all the info on the PC?

Neal. I simply use the tablet to setup most of the report on site. I don't finish or print on site. 3D has a cloud service that you upload/download the report between your tablet and your home computer. It's kinda like the old version where you synced your handheld and computer. The pictures I took with my tablet were pretty nice as well.

Like Neal, I use 3D and have been using an HP iPAQ to enter data for years (on my 4th one). The concern I have with a tablet is always needing to lay it down when two hands are required, or when climbing on the roof. I have a holster that I clip to my belt and a flexible stretch cord attached to the iPAQ, I never drop it, never misplace it. When I got into the business 15 years ago I started out taking notes on a clip board, was always laying the thing down and walking off and then hunting around to try and remember where I left the dumb thing.