Septic Systems

Terence McCann

Well, I should have been a little clearer. The pumping is not included in the $500 number. If heavy machinery is needed, that's extra, too.

They are normally there about as long as a home inspection, a few hours.

HI reports are longer, and HI's have more liability, but we can charge more, and we don't have to get up close and personal with other people's shite.

I'm qualified to do both, but as long as I have a choice, I'd chose HI's every single time.

Jim,

I see your point. Around here nobody uses a camera. The county standard requires digging in the field. If I were doing septic inspections I would rather dig a hole in the field then have to handle and clean a camera.

I aggree that an inspection to the detail you are discribing will tell you most everything you needed to know about a septic system.

In counties not requiring septic inspection we still have home inspectors doing simple load and dye tests.

Originally posted by MMustola

In counties not requiring septic inspection we still have home inspectors doing simple load and dye tests.

If they haven't already, they'll be buying some new systems for their clients.

The good system inspectors around here spend around 2-3 hours. A big chunk of that is spent probing the field.

They're the septic experts, not me. I have to be a x-purt about plenty of other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...