Roofing Question

thomop

Guys a question someone asked me the other day. There are not many roofing questions that i cant really answer but this is one of them.

Q: "What is the best way to attach a skillion roof to an existing roof/gutterline that is fuly lined that is waterproofed at the join? This is a colourbond roof with steel fascia and guttering with steel trusses at 26 degrees"

Tough one.

Phil

Guys a question someone asked me the other day. There are not many roofing questions that i cant really answer but this is one of them.

Q: "What is the best way to attach a skillion roof to an existing roof/gutterline that is fuly lined that is waterproofed at the join? This is a colourbond roof with steel fascia and guttering with steel trusses at 26 degrees"

Tough one.

Phil

Would they not have to redesign the supporting structure and then tie it into the existing roof line? I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to ask... Are they wanting to make it one long roofline instead of two independent roofs?

Skillion - shed. Thank, Google.

If you want a continuous roof line, the gutter has to go, so it would be replaced with flashing, lapping over the new roof. The overhang of the original roof is not designed for the weight of the shed roof.

Better to run the skillion rafters to the wall below the overhang, and run the new roofing under as well.

Does it ever rain in Melbourne? The roof is mostly a sunshade, I imagine.