I'm shocked and angry

Inspectorjoe

I envision it being mostly the right people with the right experience giving of their time and effort to improve the profession. There would be a need to hire an attorney to clear the language once the draft is done.

Correct me if I'm wrong but TIJ must have been a major effort to get started and the right folks came together and did it without compensation. Something along those lines.

Heck, I've already come up with a couple tenets. Maybe I'll post them on a new thread and ask for feedback. Washington State's HI laws/SOP are already printed out. Only 26 pages.

Marc

This talk about SOPs is a nice thought. You can SOP your way to the moon and back if you like, but until the referral system is taken away from those who feed inspectors who care more about that next referral than following an SOP, nothing will be any different.

Guys who play by the REA's SOP and code of ethics will always make enough to pay for a couple of complaints.

Right. Looks like you've come up with one of the tenets. The language that does that comes later.

Marc

Unfortunately, $3-350 is the going rate around here. Just ask any RE agent...

I need to review the NY SOP and COE to see if there is anything actionable going on with this one.

They appear to be in violation of at least 4 subsections of Article 12-B, Real Property Law, 7 subsections of our COE, and subject to revocation or suspension (and a fine of $1000/violation) under 4 of the 8 Causes of Action.

No problem. Governor Andy did away with the council last year. It's a free for all.

Then I won't be in a big hurry to complete the CE audit they sent me.

Please do send me an email of where it came from. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... ws5rSPVlEg

It's from DOS/DOL. They have given me 25 days to send them original completion certificates for every CEU for the last 5 years.