Lost my 3d

That's my layout. List of stuff categorized in the manner that seems to make the most sense at the time, and the Descriptions stuff in the back where it won't hurt anyone.

I can give people the comic book of 3 annotated pics a page followed by the Descriptions, list of categorized stuff with Descriptions, a Photolog with narrative summary, and a couple other things I'll probably never use.

My software is an image & content manipulation relational database, with as many output options as one is inclined to format into the Printing Scripts. We designed it with extensive use of portals, making it possible to have the base files remarkably small; 20 years of my list making only takes up 265mb on the drive. Photos are stored in their own file to be imported or exported as needed. Keeping it all broken up into related files makes for any one file being remarkably small.

So, a lot of different list making options, and I can tack the Descriptions/SOP stuff on the back of any of them.

The interface(s) have been pared down so there is no wasted motion; very few moving parts. I can write a "normal" house in a remarkably short period of time.

One complaint is size of final report file. The .pdf engine for FMPro makes big files, for whatever reason...stuff ends up being 4-7mb, but it doesn't seem to bother anyone other than me...everyone can take 10mb nowadays.

That's my layout. List of stuff categorized in the manner that seems to make the most sense at the time, and the Descriptions stuff in the back where it won't hurt anyone.

I can give people the comic book of 3 annotated pics a page followed by the Descriptions, list of categorized stuff with Descriptions, a Photolog with narrative summary, and a couple other things I'll probably never use.

My software is an image & content manipulation relational database, with as many output options as one is inclined to format into the Printing Scripts. We designed it with extensive use of portals, making it possible to have the base files remarkably small; 20 years of my list making only takes up 265mb on the drive. Photos are stored in their own file to be imported or exported as needed. Keeping it all broken up into related files makes for any one file being remarkably small.

So, a lot of different list making options, and I can tack the Descriptions/SOP stuff on the back of any of them.

The interface(s) have been pared down so there is no wasted motion; very few moving parts. I can write a "normal" house in a remarkably short period of time.

One complaint is size of final report file. The .pdf engine for FMPro makes big files, for whatever reason...stuff ends up being 4-7mb, but it doesn't seem to bother anyone other than me...everyone can take 10mb nowadays.

Just wondering if your 24 January 2009 SFH sample report remains a good example of your reporting technique described above.

Marc

Sort of. Don't lock into too much of anything other than the 2 part approach and the idea of categorized lists with pictures.

Visual appearance is the easy part; getting the interface and libraries bulletproof has been the tricky part. One can make it look any way they want as long as they keep with the idea of database list type reporting.

I forgot how to upload stuff to my website, and I've been busy enough to not care; otherwise, you'd see the most current iteration.

To appreciate the system, one would have to see it in action, and understand how all the modules work together within the interface. It's a different way to assemble reports. Very simple, very efficient list making.